Day 21

Today was my last full day in Europe. I did not sleep at all well last night due to a very bad sore throat. I stayed in bed most of the morning and eventually had breakfast around lunch time. I figured that even though I felt awful, I should not waste my last day in Europe. I showered and decided to go to the Zoo. The Zoo is only a 10 minute walk from my house so this would be a nice ending activity.


I was surprisingly underwhelmed by this zoo. It is quite small and is not well maintained. Many of the exhibits are overgrown with weeds and half of the animals were not even out. There was a lake/river area in the middle of the zoo and the water was green and stagnant. The animals did not seem to have much room to move and they all looked miserable and bored. I guess you will find this at every zoo but the zoo I visited in Zurich was much nicer. I also believe that the Pittsburgh Zoo is much better than this.




Despite the quality of the Zoo, I enjoyed my time there. The trip was a nice change of scenery and some of the animals were interesting to see. There were so many animals that I had never seen before. I especially enjoyed the Zebras and Giraffes. Too bad they did not have Giant Panda Bears. This took up a good three hours and I headed back to my Airbnb to pack. I am worried that my carryon will be overweight. My backpack is filled entirely with chocolate. I need to be a "master packer" and fit everything in my suitcase bag again. I hope all goes well.

Overall, I am incredibly lucky to have endured this journey and I could not have asked for a better experience for my first Magellan Project. Please look out for my Self-Assessment report and Life After the Magellan posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 1

Day 8