The Magellan Project: My Project



For my Magellan Project, I will be traveling to Switzerland, Belgium, and Germany to research each country's chocolate industries. I hope to find similarities and differences in the taste and production strategies between each country. I also hope to make a general comparison between European and American chocolate.

Inspiration for my project:
In the summer of 2014, I was fortunate enough to go on a Europe trip with my high school. While in Switzerland, I was constantly reminded to purchase and try Swiss chocolate. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and noticed an extreme difference between Swiss and American chocolate. One thought lingered in my mind: What makes Swiss chocolate so much better than American chocolate? Thanks to the Magellan Project, I will hopefully be able to obtain the answer to my question. While researching, I noticed that not only Switzerland, but also Belgium and Germany boasted the best chocolates in the world. I began contacting chocolatiers in each of the three countries to see if I could meet with them and discuss how their chocolate is made. I am extremely excited to travel throughout these three countries and learn all about what makes European chocolate so unique.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 8