Day 2

I have finally arrived in Zurich, Switzerland. Flying for the first time alone was quite interesting. My flight from Pittsburgh to Frankfurt was just ok. I felt cramped the whole time and did not sleep at all. I had no trouble finding my gate for my flight to Zurich, however security was a bit mean. My flight from Frankfurt to Zurich was just under an hour so that was not bad. Once in Zurich airport, I looked around to find how to get a Zurich CARD activated, which would give me free transportation around the city and free or reduced museum entrance fees. I asked around in the airport about which train to take to get to my Airbnb. I finally got off at the right stop but got lost for a bit in the city.

I arrived at my first Airbnb and my host, Maria, could not have been nicer. She showed me the whole apartment and I sat down with her and mapped out everywhere I wanted to go in the city.

Upon arriving in Europe, I had purchased a Vodafone SIM card so that I could have data access while abroad. I have tried putting in the SIM car multiple times and it is not working. I have sent emails to the company that sold me the card and their instructions still have not helped. Additionally, I have not eaten a meal for two days, just snack foods. Yesterday was Swiss national day so all stores are closed, therefore, I was not able to get groceries.

Plans for today: Buy groceries and eat! Go to a phone store to figure out problems with my SIM card. Look at the chocolate shops on the Banhofstrasse, and visit the Kunsthaus art museum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4

Day 8

The Magellan Project: My Project